was looking through my old tweets and came across my reaction to ‘Black Swan’.
ps. follow me guyyys < 3
twilight (film) rant.
things i like about it:
- main character (bella) isn’t perfect. she’s an average girl, living in a shitty down, driving a shitty truck and living in an ordinary enviroment. (school, house etc.) she’s not perfect, like the girls are in most of the films.
- she has one ugly friend, and one pretty friend.
- she’s a bit weird and geeky.
- there are scenes where she’s looking rough with her hair up and stuff. once again, shows she’s normal.
- she can really act out pain. (when she screams as she gets her leg broken)
- after she gets bitten, the little memory flashback she’s having.
things i don’t like about it:
- because of the fast pace of the movie, it looks like bella and edward fell in love after two days of knowing each other. sort of reminds me of those facebook relationships, for example ‘baby i know its been two days, but you mean the world to me. luff yhoo.’ (of course in the book it seems much longer and better)
- the scene where she gets bit by james, looks like she’s orgasming.
- vampires sparkle? wtf.
- cheesy over exaggerated lines. (like the forest scene)
- edward talks funny. as if he’s constantly about to cry.
- edward is supposed to be a ‘secret’ vampire but he proper gives it away, for example 'i can hear people's thoughts'. and then doesn’t even try to deny it when bella says he’s a vampire. how could he trust her straight away?